Pages

Monday 11 November 2013

Music Monday - Sam Garrett

I have had an immense passion for music for as long as I can remember. Around the age of five, I began playing piano. I did not compete, nor was I pushed by my parents to practice every single day of the year. When I was younger, I just enjoyed creating my own little pieces, and playing pieces that were given to me. That lasted about fourteen years. I absolutely loved it and I feel that maybe one day I will get back into it. I sadly stopped this year due to school, but I have hopes to someday go back to it. I have also played the flute for seven years, and guitar for four years. Both piano and flute were learned through private lessons, and guitar was just a stringed instrument that I loved the sound of. Believe it or not, I taught myself.

This is the reason that I am creating a "Music Monday" post today. During my musician years to this present day, I have always been on the search for new artists or ones that aren't so mainstream. I appreciate many different genres of music, and listen to them based on my mood for the day, based on the weather or based on the upcoming holiday *cough cough - CHRISTMAS*. My iPod is filled with as many different songs as possible and I am still on the hunt for more.

Today I have felt more calm and collective; my excuse is that it's Monday. I was one the search for something that is relaxing, and perhaps more of an acoustic tune. Thanks to a lovely YouTuber called Ben Brown (an awesome daily vlogger) who is friends with this artist and who also featured one of his songs in his vlogs, I have found someone called Sam Garret. I have never heard of him before and the moment I heard his voice, I was captured.

This man seriously has the voice of an angel. He is unique and definitely can change octaves like there is no tomorrow.  He deserves a lot more credit and I have hopes that he becomes very successful in life. It is so nice to hear a change in the music I've been listening to lately, and I was speechless at the talent presented! It was perfect for my mood today and every song of his is on repeat.

Here is one of my favourite songs from his YouTube channel! These lyrics also have such deep meaning - which makes everything even better.


I hope you enjoyed this post! I'm hoping to do more Music Mondays or such things similar! Let me know what you think!

P.S. He also has an EP out on iTunes that I just bought; it's called Be Easy.
P.P.S. Check out Ben Brown on YouTube if you are up for an adventure in England and even more places around the world! I love watching daily vlogs because it gives me so much more perspective on the world!

Much love,
JessicaLynn

No comments:

Post a Comment