Pages

Thursday 13 February 2014

Clean Egg Muffins



Inspired by the beautiful Cassey Ho from blogilates, I decided to make a version similar to her Clean Egg Muffins. Of course I didn't have the exact ingredients, and the amount of servings that the recipe made was a little bit too large for me so I went with the flow and created this delicious dish! A lot of the ingredients are almost the same, but I made them with what I had! It's great for breakfast, lunch or dinner depending when you feel like eating them!

This recipe makes roughly 9-12 egg muffins, it just depends on how much egg you put in each muffin tin! I prefer less egg to make more egg muffins and to add more flavour of all of the natural ingredients!


Ingredients:

2 roma tomatoes
1 scallion
1/2 green (or red) bell pepper
4 whole eggs, 3 egg whites
dried basil leaves (enough to sprinkle a small amount over each egg muffin)

Preheat the oven to 375F.


Firstly, cut all of your veggies and get egg-crackin!


The very first thing that you should do is to spray the pan with PAM. I STRONGLY encourage being generous with the spray, otherwise it's a pain to clean afterwards. You can also insert muffin tins into the pan and then give it a spray with the PAM. Either way will work! Then fill each muffin tin with the eggs and egg whites. Make sure the eggs have been mixed well.

 
Next, add all of your veggies. Simple as that. There is no specific order to do them, but for some reason, I prefer to add the basil last in order to give it some extra colour to the dish.


Place it in the oven for 20-30 mins, and voilà!


These egg muffins are absolutely delicious and filled with flavour. When serving, I also like to dab a bit of salsa on top. That way you can taste the extra spice to it!

I much prefer it served warm, but you can really eat it in whatever way you want! I love the fact that they are SO fast and easy to make! Hope you give them a try and feel free to let me know how it goes!

Much love,
JessicaLynn




No comments:

Post a Comment