Pages

Monday 30 December 2013

Music Monday - R&B/Soul - Switching it up

Just within the past week, I've rediscovered Screamin' Jay Hawkins. A classic R&B artist. One of my absolute favourite songs of his is I Put A Spell On You. Every once in a while when I want to relax and I feel slightly down for absolutely no reason, I like to listen to something like R&B/Soul. It's not often, but when I do listen to it, it feels GREAT. It puts me in a better mood, but I still feel calm and relaxed.

While searching for more R&B and soul music, I found this wonderful playlist on Spotify. I then decided to put together a few classic songs! All in one playlist, there's upbeat, and some that have a slower tune. I hope you enjoy these songs, as I will be soon downloading them onto my iPhone so I have it with me wherever I go! Enjoy!



My Baby's Gone - The Ravens
It Rocks! It Rolls! It Swings! - The Treniers
My Story - Chuck Wills with The Royals
Whole Lotta Shakin' Goin' On' - Big Maybelle
I Put A Spell On You - Screamin' Jay Hawkins
Don't Let Go - Roy Hamilton
Everyday People - Sly & The Family Stone
Wish I didn't Miss you - Angie Stone
Who's Loving You - Jackson 5
It's a Man's, Man's, Man's World - James Brown, Sammy Lowe
How Sweet It Is - Martin Gaye
My Guy - Mary Wells
My Girl - The Temptations
Shotgun - Jr Walker & The All Stars
Uptight - Stevie Wonder
I Want You Back - Jackson 5
All Night Long - Lionel Richie

I always find it nice to switch up the genre of music to listen to every once in a while, that way I never get tired of my favourite tunes!

Much love,
JessicaLynn

No comments:

Post a Comment