Pages

Saturday 21 December 2013

Porridge

Mixed berries

Some call it oatmeal, I call it porridge. Porridge is definitely an odd thing to talk about. I must admit, it is one of my favourite breakfast meals to eat in the morning! I love the numerous ways that it can be made. The fastest way is in the microwave, but its also fun to make it in a pot. Although it takes a bit longer to make, it's perfect on your Saturday or Sunday morning with nothing to do but relax! The reason why I decided to write a blog post about this is because there are so many different ways to make it and so many amazing benefits! I just thought it would fun to try something new and share some of my favourite ways to eat it!

For the longest time I loved to put a bit of brown sugar and milk in my porridge. It was simple and as a kid, I loved my sweets! I then thought of a few different ways to make it! First of all, I spiced up my porridge by adding fruit to it! Fresh or frozen, it tastes amazing! After eating porridge every so often, it's easy to get tired of it. Some of the best things to add are blackberries, blueberries or raspberries. I once experimented with bananas (and a bit of sugar) but found it WAY to sweet.

I then found my holy grail of porridge-land! I found a porridge recipe from a website called Blogilates (I suggest to check it out sometime)! It gives you so many different recipes to try as well as workouts and meal plans too (some which I plan to try soon)! Believe it or not, you mash half of a banana and mix it together with the oats, slice the other half and add raisins! It's so filling and tastes amazing! It's my new favourite and I'm on the hunt for more ways to spice up my porridge-filled-life. Here's a tempting photo! I would strongly suggest to give it a go!

Banana and Raisins

So now onto the amazing benefits! I'm going to be brief because it's not my main purpose - just a great add-on to this tasty dish! First of all it helps build your immune system. I don't know about anyone else, but I personally can get sick easily if I don't keep care of myself! It's also a great filler! I find that I snack quite often and when I eat porridge, I gladly avoid any cases of the munchies! I also love that it boosts your energy. If you haven't had much sleep, it's difficult to be productive throughout the day. Porridge gives you the healthy (complex) carbs that your body needs throughout the day! And lastly, the amount of antioxidants in there is crazy! I will happily accept anything that is healthy, yet delicious at the same time!

So there you have it - a breakfast idea. Quick and easy! Feel free to send me any other ideas of what you can add to porridge!

Much love,
JessicaLynn

No comments:

Post a Comment