Pages

Monday 30 December 2013

My Personal Winter Wonderland

Every year, Christmas seems to be a big deal. It's not just about the gifts that I get, but the fact that I have the chance to spend time with my family without any other worries in life. Christmas is about family, giving, and being happy. Every year around December 1st, my family and I always go on search for our Christmas tree. We buy a real tree and it makes tradition feel much better. Today I feel like talking about Christmas because the decorating task is something that I find what makes Christmas feel like Christmas. Every year for the past six or seven years, we've come up with a different theme. One year it was country, another year all santa claus ornaments. The list goes on, but this year we've decided to go with blue and silver! Everywhere I look I see those colours - and our wrapping paper even matches our theme! It was so much fun looking around the city, finding new decorations that match with out theme and rummaging through old boxes finding things that can be reused as well. The decorating has been completed for the past couple of weeks, as we like to celebrate Christmas longer than just one day. No, I don't mean Christmas morning is everyday - we basically bake holiday goodies, laugh often, shop lots, and have a blast during the preparation for the big day!

I understand that Christmas is officially over, but I thought it would be interesting to be able to share our theme of silver and blue! I decided to share the living room decor in our home, as it is one of my absolute favourite rooms to relax. Here are a few pictures of decorations, trinkets and our tree and more!






Fairy lights are everywhere!





Candles are a MUST in my home!




My favourite vintage fireplace

Hope you enjoyed this post and had a very merry Christmas! New Years is on its way, so I'll be seeing you in the new year!

Much love,
Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment